Mr. Simes reports, "There are fifteen BioSante cancer vaccine Phase I and Phase II studies ongoing in different cancers."
Watch BioSante's segment on Cancer Vaccines for the Cancer Immunotherapy Conference the following link is provided: http://www.biobusiness.tv/report-on-location/biosante-presentation-at-cancer-immunotherapy-conference-1548/
Highlights from the Cancer Vaccines Product Page:
Read the Full info at: http://www.biosantepharma.com/Cancer-Vaccines.php
BioSante Pharmaceuticals Inc. is developing a pipeline of Immunotherapies (cancer vaccines). BioSante's cancer vaccines use cell lines that are genetically modified to secrete granulocyte-macrophage colony-stimulating factor (GM-CSF), an immunostimulant. The cells then are irradiated to prevent further cell division; however the cells remain metabolically active.
Currently, BioSante's Cancer Vaccines are in various Phase I and Phase II cancer clinical trials and may represent the widest portfolio (cancer types) of cancer vaccines in development. Studies are conducted primarily at Johns Hopkins Cancer Center and are sponsored/funded by The Johns Hopkins Sidney Kimmel Comprehensive Cancer Center, various philanthropies, foundations and the National Cancer Institute
Cancer Types Being Studied:
- Chronic Myeloid Leukemia (CML)
- Acute Myeloid Leukemia (AML)
- Pancreatic Cancer
- Breast Cancer
- Multiple Myeloma
- Prostate Cancer
Of 19 patients treated with GVAX CML, 7 had complete remission.
- Gleevec was taken for at least one year (range 13-53 months) pre-vaccine and then GVAX CML was administered while the patients remained on a stable dose of Gleevec.
- 19 patients enrolled (median of 72 months of follow-up)
- 13 patients (8 of whom had increasing disease burden before vaccination): the number of remaining cancer cells declined
- 12 patients reached their lowest levels of residual cancer cells to date following vaccination
- 7 patients had complete remission
Acute Myeloid Leukemia (AML) — Results of Phase II
Patients treated with GVAX had both a relapse-free survival and overall survival rate improvement of approximately 30% compared with the non-GVAX-treated subjects.
- GVAX AML was accompanied by immunotherapy-primed lymphocytes after autologous stem cell transplantation.
- 54 subjects enrolled
- 28 (52%) received a pre-transplantation GVAX AML dose
- 46 (85%) subjects achieved complete remission during the treatment period. Of these patients, the 3-year relapse-free survival (RFS) rate was:
- 47.4% in non-GVAX treated patients
- 61.8% in the GVAX-treated group
- Overall survival (OS) rate in all subjects was 57.4%
- Overall survival (OS) rate was 73.4% in the GVAX-treated group
- In summary, patients treated with GVAX had both a relapse-free survival and overall survival rate improvement of approximately 30% compared with the non-GVAX-treated subjects
Research more biotech stocks at the Biotech stocks Directory: http://www.investorideas.com/BIS/Stock_List.asp
InvestorIdeas.com is a leading global investor and industry research resource portal specialized in sector investing, covering leading industry sectors including mining and gold stocks, in addition to global markets including China, India, the Middle East and Australia. Investorideas.com is known for its comprehensive stock directories in each sector and sector specific newswires.
About our Biotech investor portal : www.biotechindustrystocks.com
BiotechIndustryStocks.com is a global meeting place for investors and industry following the sector, within Investorideas.com. Global visitors use the site daily to research the latest news, articles, audio, research reports and our stock directories.
If you have any questions regarding information in this press release please contact the company listed in the press release.
Contact BioSante Pharmaceuticals
The Trout Group LLC
(312) 944-6784 ext. 316
The content from the investor Fact sheet and opinions from http://www.biosantepharma.com/downloads/BioSante-Fact-Sheet.pdf are not the opinion of Investorideas.com or related websites.
The following news is paid for by BPAX (three thousand per month) Investorideas.com is a third party publisher of news and research .Our sites do not make recommendations, but offer information portals to research news, articles, stock lists and recent research. Nothing on our sites should be construed as an offer or solicitation to buy or sell products or securities. This site is currently compensated by featured companies, news submissions and online advertising.
Investorideas.com Disclaimer: http://www.investorideas.com/About/Disclaimer.asp
Investorideas.com Disclosure: http://www.investorideas.com/About/News/Clientspecifics.asp
Source: Investorideas.com, BioSante, Investorideas.com
Contact Investorideas.com to become a biotech showcase stock or research biotech stocks
800 665 0411 email@example.com